Makes: 6 waffles Serving Size: 2 waffles
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil spray or spray of your choice (ex. avocado oil or coconut oil)
- Grate the sweet potatoes, peel and all.
- Combine grated sweet potatoes and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Turn waffle maker or panini press to medium-high heat, allow a few minutes for it to come up to temperature.
- Spray olive oil on both plates of waffle maker/panini press.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture on the waffle maker/panini press (about 3 inches wide and piled up about 1 inch), close the lid and wait about 7-9 minutes or until the waffles are browned.
- Remove the waffles from the appliance and let cool on a cooling rack or eat right away.
When I first tested this recipe, I used two eggs with two sweet potatoes, but I found that the waffles were falling apart while they cooked. So, I added the third egg to bind the grated sweet potatoes better. That seemed to do the trick!
Theses will keep for about 1 week in the fridge, covered.